Home alone on Thanksgiving?
You don’t have to be. We are providing a FREE Thanksgiving dinner to those in the community that have no where to go this holiday.
Full meal, great fellowship and you get to meet your neighbors!
5 pm till 7 pm in the Pineview Clubhouse
Thank you to all who helped make Pineview spectacular for Christmas! We love seeing all the decorations during this special time of year.
Here are the winners of our decoration contest:
Ist Place 378
2nd Place 554
3rd Place 441
Dinner Served on Thanksgiving Day
Pineview Neighborhood Watch Community Wide Thanksgiving Dinner held on Thanksgiving Day.
Since some in the community have no family or no one to spend Thanksgiving with, a full dinner was provided to around 80 residents.
Diane and her committee are pictured, they did a fantastic job.
Okay, so maybe they aren’t all new, but you need to review this list of suggestions that can help make your holidays safe. Please feel free to share.
Shopping during the holiday season can present unique danger. Taking a few prevention measures can help keep your holiday season joyous. The holiday season is a time when busy people can become careless and vulnerable to theft and other holiday crime. The following tips from the Los Angeles Police Department Crime Prevention Section can help you be more careful, prepared and aware during the holiday season.
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible.
- Always carry your driver’s license or identification along with necessary cash, checks and/or a credit card you expect to use.
- Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Pay for purchases with a check or credit card when possible.
- Keep cash in your front pocket.
- Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused.
- Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
- Be extra careful if you do carry a wallet or purse. They are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas, transportation terminals, bus stops, on buses and other rapid transit.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
Source: LAPD Crime Prevention Section